Camping Les Aventuriers de la Calypso reviews
Saint-Jean de Monts, Vendée
Head to the VENDEE for its beaches, its islands & the PUY DU FOU
Our choice for the holidays fell on the renowned seaside resort of SAINT JEAN DE MONTS in Vendée. Offshore, from the beach, view of the Ile d'Yeu which, depending on the day, stands out more or less well.
The advantages of the seaside resort of SAINT-JEAN DE MONTS:
- What seduced us was the immense fine sandy beach of Saint-Jean de Monts which stretches over 8 km along this very beautiful "Côte de Lumière".
- The campsite in Vendée is super well located between SAINT JEAN DE MONTS and the small resort of NOTRE DAME DE MONTS and its beaches.
- The closest beach to our campsite is LA PLAGE DES TONNELLES located on the wild part of the coast between dunes & forest. It is a paradise for swimmers as well as pine nuts (small fine shellfish) and shrimp fishermen.
- Swimming is supervised there in summer & the gently sloping beach is ideal with young children.
- The beach is served by cycle paths or the “La Littorale” beach shuttle in July/August.
- From the Les Aventuriers de la Calypso campsite, located only 700m away, we came directly on foot.
So we arrived on Saturday at our LES AVENTURIERS DE LA CALYPSO campsite, like many other holidaymakers that day.
We were charmed when we arrived!
CAMPSITE WITH AQUATIC PARK consisting of a covered and heated swimming pool with whirlpool bath & sauna.
outside, a heated open-air swimming pool with 2 water slides
a pretty heated water park with its octopus and its submarine for the greatest pleasure of the little ones.
CAMPSITE WITH AQUATIC PARK IN THE VENDEE
THE AQUATIC AREA OF CAMPING LES AVENTURIERS DE LA CALYPSO, very complete, is composed
- an indoor heated swimming pool with whirlpool & sauna.
- outside, a heated open-air swimming pool with 2 water slides
- a pretty heated water park with its octopus and its submarine for the greatest pleasure of the little ones.
Crossing to Ile d'Yeu
Thanks to the campsite we were also able to visit the ILE D’YEU with preferential rates for the boat crossing (about 10€ discount/pers). It is a very beautiful island which we discovered on a day by bicycle, authentic and wild, because only local residents travel there by car. Our favorite is the little port of La Meule with its chapel overlooking it. The port of departure is Fromentine, 20 minutes from the campsite.
A walk in the woods
We were also able to enjoy beautiful bike rides in the forest of Saint Jean de Monts. The start of the cycle paths is only 200m from the Les Aventuriers de la Calypso campsite. The area is overflowing with more than 2,260 hectares of national forest (holm oaks, pines, cypresses) & very beautiful cycle paths. The highest point is the PEY DE LA BLET - wooden belvedere with its 122 steps to climb before enjoying the 360° panoramic view of the entire forest, ocean & Vendée marshes.
Our Grand Confort mobile home
Our Great Comfort accomodation was well equipped with TV and a covered terrace.
ILE DE NOIRMOUTIER
Another must-see island in the Vendée, NOIRMOUTIER, located just 25km from St-Jean de Monts. We discovered it by car this time by taking the famous GOIS passage. This road is discovered at low tide & connects the island to the mainland in 4km!
We were able to share a moment of conviviality around a local oyster tasting. For the return we returned by the bridge which is also free.
VISIT OF THE DAVIAUD
The campsite is also on the edge of a preserved natural area: the Breton Vendée Marais
We were able to discover more about this territory thanks to the visit of the DAVIAUD, an Ecomuseum which can be visited only 10 minutes from our campsite in Saint-Jean de Monts, and where we discover the fauna, the flora, the habitat typical of the Vendée marshes…
Here the visit is alive we enter the "bourrine" (traditional habitat with thatched roof), we discover the "yole" (flat-bottomed boat), formerly used by the monks, then the inhabitants of the marsh to move, move the animals between the salt meadows… There is of course a salt marsh as well as bread-making workshops & demonstrations of maraichines dances.
PUY DU FOU
We ended our stay in Vendée in apotheosis with the visit of the GRAND PARC DU PUY DU FOU, the essential of the VENDEE destination. The park enchanted us with its shows & this immersion in all these eras: medieval, renaissance, 19th...
We had a pleasant holiday & will not hesitate to share all these beautiful addresses around us!